Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 20, 2008

First Birthday/ Party




My son just celebrated his first birthday. WoW ! I still can't believe that he is already a year old. It went by so fast ! His birthday was on a thursday, so we made a family day. My husband and I took him to church, took our family portraits, brought him to Busch Gardens, and then had a small dinner party for him.

We had so much fun at Busch Gardens. MJ is at this stage where he likes to point at everything. His head kept turning everywhere since there is so much to see. We took MJ to Land of the Dragons and he rode an egg carousel with my hubby and a flying dragon with mommy. My hubby and I have seasons passes so this won't be the last time. There is still so much to show him.

Also, only 3 days separate Mj and his cousin's birthdays...so we decided to make a dual celebration. My brother and I decided to invite everyone to Mount Trashmore Park in Virginia Beach. It has a big playground for little kids and there is so much other things to do like fly kites, ride bikes, fish, skateboard... and so forth.
Plus, renting a shelter is free... so that save us money. Anyways, the whole week I kept praying that the weather would be nice and that no rain. ((All my life, if it is something important to me: It ALWAYS RAINS ! Ring dance, prom, brithdays ))

The whole week leading up to the weekend it was beautiful weather in the 70s. The day of their birthday, the forecast was in the 80s and chances of severe thunderstorms. From the beginning when we tried setting up, the winds were like 40 mph. Everything kept flying away and people were having a hard time eating. Then, in the middle of the party a severe thunderstorm happened so we had to cut the party short. AAAaaRRRggghhhh !!! My dad made a joke that "we prayed that the weather would be nice temperature and that it wouldn't rain, but we forgot to think about wind." It was so crazy... it seemed like a blur to me ! Everyone said that they had a good time while the party happened though and they definitley ate a lot.
**Lessoned learned to me, MJ's parties will be indoors. **

No comments: